hello monday! to start this week, let's get personal. below you'll find five interesting facts about me and my life. please share about yourself! i'd love to learn more about you too...
1. i'm an outgoing introvert. sounds like a complete oxymoron, huh? read more about the term here. i didn't really think it was a true thing, until it was completely broken down. i've always struggled with describing my personality - since it never fell 100% into either introvert or extrovert - and once i read about the characteristics of an outgoing introvert, i was, like: "whoa!! that's me!!"
2. i have worked in the restaurant industry for nearly 19 years. from bussing, to bar back, to serving, to cooking, to bartending and then to management...i can say i have done it all! i have loved it, and there have been times when it has been difficult (but isn't that true of any profession?). but, overall, it has built my strength of character, work ethic, and taught me so much about myself and people in general. the skills i have garnered from it are invaluable.
3. my little kitty is a rescue, called pinball. she's an orange tabby, and she has no eyes! yes, no eyes. they were removed when she was just a couple weeks old since she had been abandoned and her eyes had gotten infected and the veins had burst. my good friend, a local veterinarian - rescued her, and removed her eyes - and then she was the vet cat for a year. i adopted her on my birthday, just a couple months after moving to los osos (the location of the vet hospital. i still run into people who went there and knew pinball, since she would roam free through the office) - and she continues to surprise me with her feline intuition and fearlessness.
4. i began hand lettering in junior high school! yes, i wrote letters and fonts on any surface. my classmates would see my binder (remember those with a clear cover and you could slip pictures and whatnot into them? loved them!) that had my handwriting on it, and request their names or sayings for their own binder. my best friend would always have me "tattoo" her arm with a sharpie during history class too!
5. i am slightly superstitious. and, still to this day, i always pick up my feet when driving over railroad tracks. my friends started this in high school, and it has stuck with me ever since. i have no clue what the superstition means - but it has become a habit from here on out! if i ever have children, they will probably do it too because their nutty mom had this habit!
well...that's a little bit about me! please share a fun fact or five about yourself.
this is my little love, pinball! she dragged my sweater up onto on the couch to make her little pillow palace even better and more cushier. she is incredible.